Technical Services & Planning Team Performance Advisor/Coach
- Project Controls,
- Projects and Engineering
- Supply Chain
- Joint Venture Partners
- EPC Companies
- Main Contractors & Vendors
- Educational Providers
The role of the Technical Services & Planning Team Performance Advisor/Coach is to provide performance assurance and coaching services to the company. He will assure the work of the TGL Project Services team and optimizing resource and cost utilization.
Other function for his daily work:
- Assure the work of the TGL Project Services team and optimizing resource and cost utilization.
- Implementation of Development Plans for Project Controls Team personnel via the use of the newly introduced Development & Operations Competency Framework. Provide recommendations for ‘On the job’ training as well as any formal training as required.
- Support identified succession plans.
- Support the Exploration, Development and Operations teams to improve performance reporting with focus on more strategic forward look reporting to provide business insights which facilitate Senior Management and Business Unit Leadership team decision making process.
- Working with the team, undertake gap analysis of existing TGL Project Control procedures and implement a remediation plan to ensure complete suite of ‘fit for purpose’ procedures have been produced and guiding TGL project control support activities.
- Support the team to review Company ‘Integrated Management Systems’ to identify all relevant Project Services procedures and ensure alignment with the required processes.
- Work to establish in House Cost Estimating capability. Development of estimating norms and procedures for MOCs/TQs etc. and training of Cost Team resources on their use and application.
- Support the development of the operational cost estimation system (OPE$T) for all assets and establish interfaces with the Maintenance Management System in conjunction with incumbent CONTRACTOR for the ‘Facility Operations and Maintenance’ aspect of the model to ensure that regular OPEX forecasting and budgeting updates are present in OPE$T.
- Support the establishment of an integrated approach for the whole planning system of the asset(s).
- Support team in developing long term plans for Subsea and Engineering Operations and effectively communicated to optimize utilization and mitigate execution risks.
- Lead the team to undertake ongoing updates to the in-house Cost Control Management System and full utilization of the system to consolidate overall Cost areas/ components for budgeting, inputs for cost reporting and establish linkage with the relevant financial systems.
- Support the monthly cost and planning performance review meetings ensuring that TGL Project Controls team members play active roles in the process and are able to indicate reasons for variances and providing forward looking outlook and what additional risks the operations may face including mitigation actions.
- Facilitate the integration of cost and planning information of External Special Projects to provide input into end of month reporting.
- To ensure team members are able to produce high quality cost & planning reports with sufficient back up information and clear articulation of key challenges plus recommended solution.
- Support the improvement of the interfaces with Finance and Contracts and Procurement teams to facilitate the controls activities
- Support the Annual Business Planning process and ensure alignment with Corporate and Joint Venture requirements.
- Key interface and part of the implementation of the Company’s Operational Excellence vision and successful delivery for Ghana business.
- Undertake Special Projects as and when necessary.
- To enhance capabilities within the team to perform and manage cost and delivery planning risks.
As per Delegation of Authority
Skills & Experience
- At least 20 years of experience in the offshore oil industry, working for both Contractor and Operator.
- Knowledge and application of Cost and Planning Engineering principles.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of projects in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Good knowledge of planning, cost management and reporting systems together with ability to consolidate project data from a number of sources for overall presentation.
- Ability to work with senior management and partner companies in a cooperative way whilst obtaining the required results.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Receptive to handling a variety of tasks.
- Develop a challenging vision of the future.
- Provide timely constructive challenge and feedback.
- Excellent verbal, written and aural communication skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach.
- Open, honest & reliable.
Degree / or equivalent project controls experience
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Qualified applicants may apply with detailed curriculum vitae by e-mail to email@example.com making the position being applied for the subject of the mail and the CV as a word attachment. Or deliver personally to Cape3 Services Limited.